Thursday, May 22, 2008

My plea.

Dear Darfur,

I just want to give up! It’s hard feeding a family of three when you’re all alone! I need help, I need people to know that I'm out here, dying! I can’t help myself, I'm too weak, starvation and violence stole my chances. Why cant i just give up on my sons and me? Why wont you let me? I'm a good person! I don't deserve this humiliation! I don't deserve ferocity, hunger, intimidation, and discrimination! I don't deserve any of that! Forget me let me rot.  You probably won't remember me, so why let me suffer? I can’t stand this heat of emotion. I’m alone! No one seems to care. I’m alone. I’m alone. I’m alone. Please make my anguish go away, it hurts more then ever! I've seen traumatic events in my life and I don’t want to see them again! It kills me every-time to feel more pain. My children don't have a home, they don't have food, they don't have an education, they don't have safety, and they don't have a mother. I want the best for them! They love me; don't take me away from my children. I just want you to understand my genocide. My Darfur. My endless hope. My children. My suffering. My cry for help. My faith. My angst. My plea. 


The lives of friends and family members that are taken away cant just reappear again, but the rights of many people can. I’m not asking for your sympathy we already have plenty of grief. But what I am asking for is some hope. We can make the impossible possible if we have faith, and if we advocate to others so they can have hope. Advocating for other peoples rights is the most efficient way of helping. The more people who are educated about peoples rights the bigger the change.  If you would like to learn more you can visit:

www.savedrafur.org

Or

www.stopgenocidenow.org

No comments: