Sunday, May 18, 2008

It would make me stronger...

Short story by Rachel.
I was 14, when the rebels attacked my family. They shot my mother. They forced my two younger brothers and myself to line up next to the house. They stared at us for a couple of minutes then they separated me from my brothers. They gave me a gun and told me I had to kill my brothers. They said it would make me stronger. They wanted me to be a good soldier. I resisted for a while, but every time I said no and cried they hit me with the back of their gun. They told me that if I don’t kill my brothers they would kill them and myself. I closed my eyes and pulled the trigger. I’m 16 now, and I still have nightmares of that day, and my brothers. I could remember their tears and screams. Sometimes I wish I could die so I could go to heaven with my two brothers.

2 comments:

eblogg said...

Good wotk on your blog so far. I feel that you should use more evidence and pictuers to prove your point. After reading this I thought about all the cruilty in the world. Nice work.

insertbackspace said...

Wow rachel this is really good writting, and I like how you also added pictures.
This is really sad. Terrible the choice he had to make, but why kill his family to save himself?Those cruel rebels making him Kill his brothers because it would "make him stronger".