Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Gone

The rush of a tear 
A baby in the corner.
Our village has adrenaline.

The baby wont stop crying.
Rebels corner me and my adrenaline.
Our village is gone.
The baby stops crying; he starts laughing.
Im scared. Im crying. Im yelling. Im tortured. Im trapped.
The baby is silent now. 
My disturbance is taken way.

My disturbance.
The baby is in my thoughts.
Im still scared.
Im still taken way by the rush of a tear.

   Genocide Statistics in Darfur
Death toll: up to 400,000 people since Feb.
Death Rate: 500 people die each day!! 15,000 a month
Displaced (forced to leave home): 2.5 million

1 comment:

vpan said...

I like the addition of statistics and facts in your blog. Maybe you could also add things that would help to stop the genocide and what people can do to help these people gain their basic rights or talk about when this started and the progress that has been made since then if any has been made at all. Comparing this issue to genocide in the past may help too?