Monday, May 12, 2008

My Passion.

"All human beings, whatever their cultural or historical background, suffer when they are intimidated, imprisoned or tortured . . . We must, therefore, insist on a global consensus, not only on the need to respect human rights worldwide, but also on the definition of these rights . . . for it is the inherent nature of all human beings to yearn for freedom, equality and dignity, and they have an equal right to achieve that." -The Dalai Lama

NO FREEDOM.
It imprisons our dignity.
It kills our equality.

I’m screaming for my rights, their rights, his rights....

I met him over the winter break. He's very young. He never met me, but I met him. I saw him on a video, Invisible Children, he use to live in Uganda, now he lives in heaven. He died from starvation. He reminded me of my four year old brother, he had a huge smile, and his attitude was like New Years Eve, ready for a new beginning. He took my breath away, my tears, my heart, and my passion.

I fight to save him and all the other kids, women, and men who lost their rights.

3 comments:

vpan said...

The message you send in this post is really strong and riveting. I like how you included a quote and your own personal experience to relate to your topic. It makes it seem that much more real that you can relate your life to those of others in a completely different place and be changed by it.

laughingalligators said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
laughingalligators said...

Its terrible how children are made to work and forced into things they cant control but what do you suggest people in the world we live in should do? How can people try and fight for the rights of kids like that little boy?